Loopcloud x Point Blank Remix Competition: Win Over £2000 in Prizes
If you’re a music producer at any level and you use a DAW, chances are you’ve come across Loopmasters and Plugin Boutique, two of the world’s biggest sellers of sample packs and plugins respectively. Well, to celebrate the launch of their free cloud-based platform Loopcloud 2.0, we’ve teamed up with both companies to bring you this outstanding producers remix competition. All you need to do is download Loopcloud and, using any of the 1GB of free sounds you gain access to on downloading, make a ‘remix’ track and submit it via Plugged In. The winner will receive prizes from an array of developers, as well as any of our ‘Complete’ range of online courses.
HOW TO ENTER
Step One: Download Loopcloud and make your track.
- Use this link to download the programme, giving you access to 1GB of free sounds. Users who download will also get 500 free shop credits and 150 new free samples each week.
- Make a track in any style or genre – whatever takes your fancy. The only requirement is that you use at least one of the free sounds from Loopcloud
- Upload your remix to SoundCloud
- Name the remix “Point Blank x Loopcloud Producer Competition: Your Artist Name ‘Your Track Name’ “
Step Two: Share your remix on Plugged In
- Note that you will need to be registered in order to submit your track. For those not already registered, you can do so via this page
- Once you’ve recorded your track and are ready to share it from SoundCloud, head to the Tracks page of Plugged In, then select Add Track to get started
- On the Add Track page, simply paste the URL of your mix into the ‘track URL’ field, and name the track accordingly. You must also select ‘Competition’ under the ‘select category’ field for your entry to be eligible (see below)
- Once you submit your track, it will now be visible when you filter in our ‘competition’ category within the Tracks channel. You’re all set!
All entries will be listened to and judged by the Loopcloud and Point Blank listening panel. Entrants are encouraged to promote through their social media channels to maximise the chances of them proceeding to the shortlist stage. Our panel will then judge the shortlisted remixes based on:
- Votes and listens on Plugged In
- Mixdown quality
The deadline for entries is 10th June 2018, and we will announce the winners shortly after. If you’re new to Loopcloud, watch the short video below to learn more and head to this page to see the full list of prizes on offer. Happy producing and good luck!
Want to study at Point Blank? At our London campus, we have a whole studio connected with the Loopcloud library, which you can access as part of your study experience. Our BA (Hons) Music Production & Sound Engineering Degree is one of the most comprehensive music courses out there, on which you can also learn everything you need to know about music production including mixing and mastering, composition and music business. We also offer additional degrees in Music Production and DJ Practice as well as Music Industry Management, all fully validated and accredited by Middlesex University. For more information, contact our course advisors on +44 20 7729 4884. If you are a resident of the USA, you can reach us on 323 282 7660.
Our London facility features a studio fully kitted out with Loopcloud licenses
Register to Access Free Courses, Plugins, Projects, Samples & More
When you register with Point Blank, you access an array of free sounds, plugins, online course samples, access to our social network Plugged In and much more! Simply register below and visit our Free Stuff page to get your hands on a range of exclusive music-making tools and tutorials provided by the team. Fill your boots!
The post Loopcloud x Point Blank Remix Competition: Win Over £2000 in Prizes appeared first on Point Blank’s Online Magazine.