How to Record Vocals in Reason 10
Reason 10 is known for its robust collection of synthesizers, drum machines, and loops—but it also offers a powerful toolset for vocal production. With advanced features like time and pitch-correction, step sequencing, and a built-in sampler, Reason 10 offers a full-fledged vocal production suite. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to record vocals in Reason 10.
Vocals are arguably the most important part of any song, which is why Reason 10 was designed to make recording vocals quick and easy. Watch this video tutorial with Stefan Guy to learn how to:
- Connect an audio interface and easily route mic signals
- Properly set sample rate and buffer size for minimal latency
- Create a well-balanced headphone mix
- Accurately set microphone levels
- Monitor levels on multiple channels using advanced metering
- Use the precount function to improve your workflow
- Create the perfect take using the comping feature
And that’s only the beginning—with Reason 10 you can adjust the time and pitch of your track after you record using advanced editing features like Pitch Edit and Time Stretch. You can even mix and master your vocal recordings in Reason 10 with acclaimed signal processors modeled after classic British consoles.
Now that you know how to record vocals in Reason 10, it’s time to start singing!